In our household, 3 kids means 3 different tastes sometimes – these Thai rice wraps are super versatile so you can add in or take out different vegetables or sub in different nut butters etc.
Here’s the way I’ve found it makes everyone HAPPY!!
Prep EVERYTHING before you start assembling the wraps – I make an assembly line with the kids – everything goes in a separate bowl – trust me, it’s worth the time! AND it’s not as much work as you may think when you look at the ingredient list.
It has all parts of a meal – carb, veggie, meat, fat. So it’s a one stop shop for dinner!
It takes about 25 mins to get it all together before you start wrapping.
They’re super filling – Adults eat 3-4 and children 1-3 🙂
* Rice Wraps
For the Rice Wrap Filling:
Fry all of this together as set aside:
* 1 lb ground lean turkey
* 1 TBSP Sesame Oil
* 2 TBSP natural/organic smooth peanut butter
* 2 tsp Tamari
* 1/2 tsp shredded ginger (optional)
* 2 tsp coconut sugar (or any natural sugar)
* 2 TBSP rice vinegar
* 1 TBSP sesame oil
* 2 tsp tamari
* 4 C finely shredded cabbage – white or red OR buy a organic/natural coleslaw mix to save time
* 1/4 chopped fresh cilantro
and stir in the dressing you made above – let it soak in while you get the next items ready.
Prep these other yummy bits:
* 2 large carrots, shredded
* 1 large cucumber, julienned (cut in thin long strips)
* shredded dark leaf lettuce/spinach
* 3 cups cooked vermicelli rice noodles
Stir together the Peanut Dipping Sauce:
* 1/2 C creamy organic smooth peanut butter
* 4 TBSP warm water
* 1 TBSP rice vinegar
* 2 TBSP sesame oil
* 2 TBSP tamari
Once everything is prepped, soak your rice wraps and start layering! Per rice wrap there is approximately:
a layer of a few rice noodles (like ruler width size? lol)
2 tbsp of the ‘satay’ ground turkey
2 tbsp of the cabbage mixture
top with cucumbers, shredded carrots and lettuce/spinach
wrap into a closed roll like a burrito.
Serve with the peanut sauce. YUMMY!
Let me know how your family likes it!