Healthy, quick and EASY, add a side of brown rice or quinoa and BAM a perfectly balanced meal!
Makes approximately 10 Enchiladas
1 lb ground turkey/chicken (we like to mix dark and light poultry meats)
4 zucchinis, sliced in half, then thinly sliced to make ‘strips’ (we use a cheese plane)
1/2 TBSP olive oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 sweet red pepper, diced
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 cup Salsa (Herdez is our fav!)
A bit of your fav grated cheese
Putting it all together….
- Saute onions and pepper in the oil with cumin and child powder until soft. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Brown ground meat and add in salsa and vegetable mixture that was set aside.
- Lay 3 strips of zucchini on the baking sheet or cooking stone you’ll be using (best to choose one with a lip to prevent spillage).
- Place 2-3 TBSP of the meat mixture in the centre of the strips and roll together. Repeat until done
- Sprinkle a little cheese on top of each one.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes!